This is a Great Post Training Meal for BJJ
Not sure if this is useful or interesting to everyone, but this is how I generally cook for myself. I’m a single guy who lives alone. Cooking for myself every day is… depressing. But, eating out constantly is not
affordable advisable either. So, I cook in bulk instead. This recipe here is what I’d consider to be a good post training meal after bjj training or post weight resistance training (do you even lift, bro?).
I consider this to be a good post training meal recipe because:
- It’s simple.
- Enough calories & macronutrients to facilitate the recovery process.
- Pretty filling.
- Tastes many bombs.
- I can use this for 4 meals post training.
I know a lot of my teammates struggle to find good post training meals. Some of them may know what a good post training meal is, but simply don’t have the time. So, I figured I would contribute to my teammates as well as the bjj community abroad. Here is just one example of what I do to have a good post training meal.
- 2 cups brown rice pasta
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast (organic, free range, properly fed, etc.)
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- Ms. Dash “Onion & Herbs” Seasoning
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Cook brown rice pasta as package directs in small pot.
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces (this will range according to how big your mouth is lol)
- Cook chicken & garlic until it’s done in a large pan.
- Throw the frozen broccoli in the pan and let it thaw out.
- Combine everything else (except for the pasta) and let it cook for awhile until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Combine everything.
Follow me: @rubeneavila