I LOVE COMMENTS!
Let’s start there, shall we?! Comments are the life-blood of any blog and unless you have a very specific reason not to make any, I believe you should.
I believe comments create conversations that are just as valuable as the content of the blog post itself – in fact, I believe that some of the comments can provide more enrichment for community at large than the blog itself!
That being said, I highly encourage comments and will accept every and all comments shared. Period.
There are though, a few cultural and general guidelines that I’d love for you to follow as well as a few things you need to know:
My Comment Policy and Guidelines:
Please review this and of course feel free to let me know if you have any issue with them!
If you want the “quick” version then just read the first three points and that should be good enough for you!
- You are 100% responsible for your comment and represents not only your opinion but also your person. Take that into consideration when you post!
- You “Hold Harmless” me and any blog post author that writes for this blog. That means you hold all writers here on BJJ Grappling harmless of any and all repercussions, damages, and liabilities.
- I reserve the right to moderate, delete, or change any content within a comment as I see fit at any time for no reason. I rarely have to do this and my desire is to keep the comment as original and as with most integrity as possible. When I do moderate and/or change a comment I will make note of it in the comment itself.
- Names – I’d prefer that you use your real name, but you may use a “brand name” or online persona if you wish.
- URL – Please use a legitimate and operating URL that you control specifically.
- Email – Please use a working email address as I may want to contact you directly!
- Pingbacks are considered comments and will be treated as such.
- Please use good taste in the content of your comment as well as your word choice. I don’t have issue with “bad” language but if used aggressively or in poor taste.
- My goal is to create exceptional value through my blog posts as well as to create a community that creates value as well. Please keep your comment of that type and kind: High Value!
- Please no affiliate links in your comments and please limit the amount of links in your comment.
- I will protect your privacy and will not share your email address without your direct consent.
- I cannot guarantee that I will respond to your comment! It is what it is!
- I hate spam. There, I said it. I hate spam. Don’t do it! I use Akismet to help me with this.
- If your comment falls into moderation I will do the best I can to get it out of moderation as quickly as possible. I am very busy so if it “sits” in moderation for some time my apologies!
- You grant me license to use your comment in blog posts, written material, and any other form of publishing. Also, for those of you who have bad manners and should need it, you grant me license to flying triangle you without holding me liable to any legal action. Thanks!
Do you have any questions, comments, or concerns? Feel free to contact me directly if you wish!
Again, I LOVE COMMENTS and want to do as much as I possibly can to foster community and conversation here on this blog!
You are encouraged to share:
- Wickedly smart ideas that expand on an article’s premise
- Funny, relevant references or jokes that carry the conversation forward
- Useful (not stupid or ugly) criticism
- Any combination of the above
You are discouraged from posting the following:
- Anonymous assholery
- Keywords in the name field instead of what your mama named you
- Comments that demonstrate you didn’t read, watch, or listen to the content
- Off topic personal or professional rants
- Threatening us or other visitors
- Any form of defamation
- Racist or obscene nastiness
- Violation of anyone’s copyright, trademark, etc.
- Spammy links back to your latest venture
I WILL delete any of the aforementioned douchebaggery, and I may use that license you granted me to flying triangle you unconscious.
And that’s it. Simple, right?