It’s hard out there for a G. Sometimes we need quick meals that will give us enough calories to get by for a couple hours without cooking. Shakes are a great way to do just that. Most of my shakes have always had one ingredient in common: whey protein powder. Recently, I have decided that I want to keep my whey intake to sporadic at most. So, here’s another protein shake without protein powder. Another bonus, all ingredients are paleo.
Check out this Paleo Turkey Chili Recipe. Damn delicious and good for you. It’s got a pretty good kick to it spice wise, which is pretty helpful for me right now as I am fighting a cold/flu. I think there aren’t enough turkey recipes out there. I don’t get why though.
Turkey offers the following health benefits:
- Protects against cancer formation
- Provides energy and regulates the body’s blood sugar
- Helps maintain cardiovascular health
- Is very effective in stimulating metabolism and function of thyroid hormone
- Stimulates the body’s immune system and provides antioxidants
- Help lower bad blood cholesterol and increase good cholesterol
- Helps to stimulate energy production, mood, increase testosterone levels and regulates blood pressure
If you don’t know, now you know. So, get on with the turkey eating y’all. Oh, also, you may want to educate yourself on paleo lifestyle if you haven’t already. It’s an interesting theory that’s given many people great results.
Don’t be scared homie.
– Nick Diaz